Taphandles is always looking for talented (and beer-loving!) professionals to join our team. Please take a look at the links to the left to find positions we are currently recruiting for in your geographic area. Note: these links will take you away from www.taphandles.com. Taphandles is not responsible for content outside of our control.
The Production Designer should be organized, detail oriented, flexible, communicative, energetic, welcomes constructive criticism, and will have the ability to jump straight in and immediately contribute.
- Ability to multi-task a variety of projects
- Exceptionally organized
- Inspired by a work environment that is constantly growing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Ping Pong playing
- Ability to work independently in addition to being a team player
- Meet tight deadlines with a high productivity rate
- Local applicants only
- 2-3 years print production experience:
- Advanced skills in Adobe CS4/CS5
- Creating mechanical files for both screen and plate printing and on various substrates
- Experience in creating and working with production specifications
- Ability to translate designs into production ready files
- Experience in working with a variety of vendors of all sizes
- Creating and working with die lines, fold lines, and templates for assembled paper containers
- Creating style guides and in-house marketing documents
- Familiar with the best file types and color modes for each type of production
- Ability to identify potential issues with files that might disrupt the printing process
- Ability to troubleshoot printing and production challenges: color matching, trapping, color separation, etc.
- Comfortable working with illustration, photography, type, and layout
- Experience working with existing brands and logos (read: not just art-prints)
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with a firm and/or a collaborative team
- Fun, beer-centric working environment in Downtown Seattle
- Hourly wage $18-22/hr
- Approximately 30-40 hours a week
- 3-month contract with option to extend
For consideration, please email the following to recruit2DDesign@taphandles.com
Resumes/applications dropped off in person will not be considered. We will make the first cut of applicants based on whether these instructions are followed:
- Submit resume and cover letter as e-mail attachments.
- Do not send a pre-written cover letter. We want to know who you are.
- E-mail subject line: Your favorite beer
- Your cover letter will include:
- Why are you excited about this particular job?
- Describe a project that failed. What did you learn?
- What is the most challenging element of leading while also producing individual results?
- What is the single most important quality you bring to the team?
- What is your favorite beer and why?
- PDF sample that shows your individual abilities as well as your collaborative work. (< 5MB)
- Please do not call or e-mail about the status of your application